This past week, I felt like I was opening up a special holiday advent calendar each morning. Some of my food writing and blogging friends surprised Julie and I with a full week's worth of posts, recipes, and reviews all dedicated to Gatherings. They kindly took the time to make food from the book, take pictures of what they cooked, and write about their thoughts on hosting friends and feeding others. Most of the posts went live in the morning, and we were both delighted to read them all throughout the day.
So, instead of sharing the traditional round-up of internet articles like I usually do, I'm going to share the very best of what I read this past week: people's thoughts on the book we worked so hard to publish. I can't deny that I was completely overwhelmed to see so many of my food-writing friends taking the time to put the book, and the message behind it, in front of their own readers, and if I wasn't seven and a half months pregnant, I would totally throw a gathering in their honour to thank them for their kindness this week.
- Mardi from eat. live. travel. write. shared the Top tips on entertaining from Gatherings.
- Mairlyn Smith chose Gatherings as one of her top new Canadian cookbook picks.
- Charmian from The Messy Baker is writing about the Pecan Bourbon Blondies.
- Amy from Family Feedbag has a giveaway!
- Jennifer from Seasons and Suppers made a gorgeous pork tenderloin with maple-balsamic cranberry sauce
- Heather from The Tasty Gardener made Parmesan thyme puffs
- Isabelle from Crumb Blog made Nenshi Pie
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made pear and cardamom cream cheese tart
- Stephanie from Clockwork Lemon made sweet and spicy mixed nuts
- Valerie from A Canadian Foodie made “man candy” (bacon wrapped dates!)
- Britt from My Daily Randomness made pulled pork with real baked beans
- Robyn from Planet Byn made peanut butter honey granola
- Libby from Libby Roach Photography made braised beef short ribs and Yorkshire pudding
- Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made peanut butter balls
- Louisa from Living Lou made prosciutto-wrapped prawns
- Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made simple French onion soup
- Rhonda from Olive and Ruby made sticky cocktail meatballs
- Jenn from Chocolate Shavings made roasted brussels sprouts with a grainy mustard sauce
- Christina from Strawberries for Supper made “the best chicken fingers ever”
Wow, right?! Also, a few days ago we found out that Anna Olson (you know, the Canadian baking goddess) named Gatherings as one of her top cookbook picks for holiday gift giving. Unbelievable!