It's vacation week Chez Scott, and we are closing the summer with a week of family fun. We had to alter our original plans due to an impending hurricane, but I think we're all satisfied with the outcome and looking forward to a week away from the computer and various other screens.
It's been a little quiet around here this month, as it should be in the summer, and I've been working hard to get myself organized for the fall. I look forward to being back here a little more once school starts up again - I've missed you and your comments!
While I skip town to eat chicken wings and watch football, here are a few things that caught my eye last week:
- My kids would go crazy for this dip.
- Tips for a happier weeknight dinner.
- I want to live in Ina's Barn. Or at very least, steal her pantry.
- 3 kinds of caramelized onions every home cook should know how to make.
- 8 reasons to add fresh corn to pasta.
- How to assemble the modern cheese plate. It's fresh, fun, and colourful!
P.S Clearly, we need to work on Matthew’s table manners – ha!