I spent the morning at an orchard with Matthew, and my niece, Katie, who called me at 7:45 a.m. Thursday morning to let me know she was missing me. I immediately put a plan in place to see her as soon as possible, so the three of us set out on an adventure that included a train ride, apple picking, pumpkin purchasing, and a stop for lunch. We came home with wind burned cheeks and rosy noses - it turned cold so quickly! - so naturally my plan for tonight is to curl up with a blanket and a book.
While I relax (and make my plan for Thanksgiving dinner next Sunday!), I'll leave you with a few links that caught my eye this week. Have a wonderful weekend, all!
- 5 easy meals for the distracted cook.
- One dinner strategy yields many meals.
- Judith Jones on life, books, and cooking.
- Stop Googling. Let's Talk.
- Ina Garten does it herself.
- How to guesstimate the weight of your fruits and vegetables.
- My kids are mushroom-haters, so I'm saving this recipe for our next date night.