Happy, happy weekend! Do you have anything fun planned for today? I'm off to the antique market first thing this morning with Rob and Matthew, and this afternoon I'm going to see Finding Dory with Jackson and my mom and nieces. It's promising to be a good day. I've been living under a rock for nearly three weeks working on an epic assignment that been's all kinds of fun, but so. much. work. I handed it in at 10:35 p.m. Friday night, with 85 minutes to spare. Needless to say, writing this post is the only time I plan on cracking open my computer all weekend.
If your Sunday is looking a little quieter than mine, and in you're in a reading kind of mood, here are a few links that caught my eye lately:
- 7 old wives tales about cooking steak. Take note, because grilling season is definitely here.
- In praise of "scruffy" hospitality.
- How to make soft serve ice cream without an ice cream maker.
- The 6 best ways to use your slow cooker in the summertime.
- Five easy recipes for next week's dinners.
- The intentional summer.
- Almost as good as a full night's sleep: 26 dishes to cook for new parents.
- This salad has my name all over it. Now you know what I'll be having for lunch every day next week.