This year I resolve to:
- Discover my perfect go-to recipe for easy entertaining; that one dish people hope I'm serving when I invite them for dinner.
- Cook a meatless dinner that the boys love almost as much as one that includes bacon.
- Make less bacon.
- Create a signature party appetizer that is loved by both kids and adults alike.
- Work on my canning skills. I love the idea in theory, but have a hard time actually doing it.
- Bring back the dinner party (see photo above).
- Write a book. About parties. And gathering people together to feed them well.
- Teach my kids to cook one whole meal from start to finish.
- Eat more pasta. And make it from scratch.
”And if you sat at the dinner table long enough, whether in punishment or in refusal or simply in boredom, you never stopped sitting there. Some part of you sat there all your life.”
- Jonathon Franzen, The Corrections